Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rose Necklace

Several months ago, some friends and I were sitting around talking and joking and somehow we got talking about how cool it would be if we had a "Prom." Well, we actually carried out our idea and had a Couples Night Formal.  It was AWESOME.  I haven't had that much fun in a long time.  It was like taking all the good things from high school and college formals and stake dances and leaving out all of the bad things.  I had a blast. 

Most of us wore old high school and college formals.  Mine was an old bridesmaid dress.  I couldn't find a necklace I liked to go with my dress, though, (and I didn't want to look like a 29 year old trying to look like a 16 year old, so I eschewed my old rhinestones and "formal" necklaces).  So, I made one. 

I wanted to make a necklace using those lucite flowers I've been seeing a lot on Etsy these days, but didn't have the forethought to order any online ahead of time (and they're not available in local stores).  So, I made my own flower bead with Sculpy and made my own necklace. 

I thought it turned out beautifully, and have made another one to go with another dress, and will be posting a tutorial for the flower beads soon.  :)



2 comments:

lyndsey @ the stationery place said...

you MADE that rose? whoa. i think that calls for a tutorial.

Anonymous said...

You are amazing, Jenny. And beautiful. I am so excited to follow the results of your many talents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...