Thursday, March 3, 2011

Quilts!

For a church service project, I put together 4 quilts (in 3 days!) for everyone to tie.  Here they are:

My favorite is the Chuck Wagon/Cowboy print with the horseshoe backing.  My second favorite (almost first) is the storybook print with the green backing.  It's a Mary Engelbert print, whom I usually don't like, but I found this one at Walmart and thought it was adorable.  It has Goldilocks and the 3 bears, the Little Red Hen, Jack and the Beanstalk, etc.  It's very cute.  3rd place is the airplane print.  I'd wanted to do a yellow backing with yellow border, but couldn't find any quilt binding that matched so I did it in blue.  I would have just changed the backing to blue as well, but I'd already bought the fabric.  So, I like it a lot, but it didn't turn out quite as I'd hoped.  The last one is a train print with a red backing. 

The binding is atrocious, so don't look too closely.  :)  I guess that's what happens when a non-quilter makes all the quilts.  So be it.  I think they're cute anyway.  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...