Friday, June 10, 2011

Pink Linen Skirt

My brother-in-law got married last weekend.  My new sister-in-law had all of her sisters and sisters-in-law make skirts out of the same pink linen fabric to wear for the wedding pictures; sort of a bridesmaid-esque deal. Here's mine:


I used McCalls 5591 for the skirt. I think the box pleats worked well with the drape of the linen, giving the skirt a little life.

We were supposed to wear it with a white top.  I fudged it a little and wore this white cardigan over a gray undershirt.  I thought the necklace was perfect for tying the whole look together!  

6 comments:

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Hello! Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I am enjoying my visit to yours. I love your darling sewing projects & you look SO cute in your pink skirt. Next Friday I'm having a linky party. Please do stop by & link up one of your great projects. Great to "meet" you!

Warmly, Michelle

WobiSobi said...

Love this skirt. so very cute!!!

Jenn said...

Great skirt!

Kei said...

That skirt is so cute! Lovely fabric, absolutely perfect for the style.

AsylumTanya said...

I have a project that I have been avoiding for several reasons. I have been trying to figure out what kind of gathering I want to do. Box pleats were on my list of possibilities. After seeing your skirt I am convinced! Box pleats it is! I'll get busy this evening~maybe tomorrow! ;)

Susan said...

Pretty, pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...