Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Balance

Every time I lose a follower, I stress out a little bit. It happens when I go too long between posts, or I don't post about sewing often enough. I want to be liked. I want my blog to be a success. I look at other blogs, ones that were little when I first started, and see them with hundreds or thousands of followers and get a little stressed. I see their fancy layouts, their gorgeous pictures, their travel to blog conferences, and I get a little stressed.

Source: howjoyful.com via Nancy on Pinterest

But, I've decided not to let it bother me. I don't have time in my life to be a big blogger. I don't have family nearby to watch my kids, a maid to do my housework, a co-blogger to share the workload of blogging with, and I have things I'd rather do with my free time than sell ads or edit my html.

My kids are at a critical age. What they learn and do now will make a huge difference in what kind of teenagers they'll be, what kind of men they'll be. My kids are at a point in their lives where they need a Mom who listens to them and helps them with dioramas more than they need a Mom who is locked in the sewing room/computer room all day trying to have a good blog.



Why am I writing about this? Because I'm going to let go of the guilt and the pressure. I don't want to feel guilty that I didn't get a post written or have time to make a dress because I chose to go on a bike ride with my son.



Probably, not much on this blog will change.  I'm just going to stop feeling pressured or guilty if I don't have time to blog.  If I only get a post or two written in a month, I'm just going to let it go. If I lose followers because I'm not posting often enough, so be it. I would much rather that I have good kids who turn out right than have lots of followers and comments. (Though wouldn't it be nice to have both.  :)  )

I'm going to share and be proud of the projects that I do and I'm not going to force myself to create a project JUST so I have content for the blog (I already said that I hate craftiness for craftiness' sake anyway).  I'm striving for balance, and if the scales are going to be tipped too far one way, I'd rather it be toward my family.




2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Beautifully written. Thank you for sharing some of your wonderful life with us! Your boys (and husband) are truly blessed.

Jessica said...

Well put Jenny! I still haven't blogged Christmas... CHRISTMAS!! I am just getting to know you, but from what I've seen, you are AMAZING! Be proud of all you have accomplished and definitely let those scales tip towards your family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...