Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"Love Is A Battlefield" Valentines


I have my next sewing project all cut out and ready to sew, but first I have to make sure my boys have valentines for their class parties.  

I saw these cute valentines by Jacolyn Murphy (she has a ton of really cute Valentine ideas!) about a month ago and decided that they'd be perfect for my boys.

They're cute, easy, and best of all, they were cheap!  :)  I found these army men on clearance at Target for 25 cents a bag.  Since I already had the cardstock and ink used to print the hearts, I made 54 valentines for only 75 cents.


I made the heart in Photoshop Elements.  The words are written in this cute soldier font I found at dafont.com.

Since I know I love free printables, I'm sure you must too, so I made you a free printable of this valentine so you can print them at home.  All you need to do is put your child's name at the bottom.  You can use whatever photo software you have to add the text, or you can just write it on.  (Both the large heart and the small heart by the name are just basic heart shapes using the shape tool in PSE, in case you want to add the heart, too.)




Enjoy and have a happy Valentine's Day!



4 comments:

Kathleen said...

They're great! and the .75 cent total makes them AMAZING!! :)

Alexis said...

They look great! Thanks so much for posting my link.
Happy Valentine's Day,
Alexis

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

C-ute! I'm surprised you remember this song because you're so young. But Pat Benetar was "all that"! Thanks so much for linking up on Fabulous Friday.

Warmly, Michelle

Kim of Mo Betta said...

These are so cute! I'll have to save this idea for next year for my little boy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...