Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Thrifting Treasures

Oh, I really like garage sale season. Our neighborhood had a huge garage sale a few weeks back and I really enjoyed searching out deals. Plus, I sometimes like to head over to our local Salvation Army or Goodwill to do a little thrifting when I need a break from day-to-day life, you know?

I got these two cute Radio Flyers at the big garage sale.  Both the scooter and the wagon are for my three year old.  He picked out the wagon himself and had such fun pulling it around.  And, he kept trying to find things to put in it, so the sweet lady selling it gave him a little wooden box to put in it.  The wagon is super cute, not only as a fun toy, but couldn't you see it as a centerpiece for a wagon or tricycle themed baby shower or something?  I could...and I totally will if given the opportunity.  :)

He picked out the wagon himself and had such fun pulling it around. And, he kept trying to find things to put in it, so the sweet lady selling it gave him a little wooden box to put in it. The wagon is super cute, not only as a fun toy, but couldn't you see it as a centerpiece for a wagon or tricycle themed baby shower or something? I could...and I totally will if given the opportunity. :)

And look at all the books I scored!  Some of those board books are practically new.  And, I love finding vintage books.  I collect Golden Books, so those are always fun to find.  But, the vintage Dr. Suess and Eloise Wilkin books are super-awesome.  Oh, and there's Twilight Books and a Sinatra CD in there, too.

I got all those books, the wagon, and the scooter for about $10.  Not too shabby. 
And here's my thrift store haul:

Can you believe those shoes?! 


Normally, I wouldn't necessarily buy thrift-store shoes.  It grosses me out a tad.  But, these were practically new, and GORGEOUS, and only $3.  I wore them 4th of July weekend with a denim skirt, a blue and white top, and a red necklace.  It was really cute.  No pictures, though.  Bad blogger.  :)

The record in the back of the shot is of the Buffalo Bills.  They're the guys that sing in the quartet of the "school board" in The Music Man.  I don't actually have a record player to play it (my record player--a purple one bought at a garage sale when I was like 8, by the way--only plays 45s, the little records).  But, I want one.  And, I couldn't let this awesome record pass by.  Is it totally weird that I'm excited about it?  Probably. 

And for like 50 cents or something, I found this sweet little tea set.  Yeah, I know.  I only have boys.  But, I have nieces.  And there was a cute little wooden box nearby just waiting to be gussied up to store a cute little tea set.  Of course, it's at the end of a very long "to make" list, so we'll see when I get to it...
  
And, finally, I found two cute little bud vases. 

I've always needed some little tiny bud vases, since my boys are forever bringing me dandelions and assorted wildflowers, which just don't fit in a regular vase. And I hate just throwing them away right away. They're like little symbols of love from my boys. So, now I have a place to put them. One is milk glass, a smaller version of one my mom had when I was a kid. And the other is pewter. Sort of. It's like 3% pewter and the rest is tin. But, I'm still going with pewter. :) By the way, the picture makes it hard to tell dimensions very well.   The roses that are modeling the vases for me are teeny tiny cupcake roses.  Don't you love the name Cupcake Rose?  I have a bush in my yard, and I'm loving snipping off tiny roses to put in my new vases!

None of the above stuff cost me very much at all.  And yet, as you can see by the vast number of smiley faces in my post, have given me much pleasure.  Yay for thrifting treasures!  :)

2 comments:

Kei said...

Wow you got a great haul! Records are awesome, I have a pile of them since my local charity shop used to sell them at 6 for £1! They have such a lovely crackly sound. :D

Hi, I'm Aleisha! said...

THE SHOES ARE TO DIE FOR!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...